Pages

Monday, September 19, 2016

"I AM..." Poems

We will be using lines and our writing skills to create this fun and whimsical poem telling a bit about you.

 Let's check out the process here.  Start by drawing 5 wavy lines.  If you start with the middle one then do 2 on top and 2 on bottom, it will look great!
Now write "I AM" in the top space.  Go from the top line all the way to the bottom line with all capital letters.  Now write your name at the bottom.  Write in all capital letters top to bottom.

Now what words talk about you?  Let's brainstorm some ideas.  We need adjectives!  Finish the sentence, I am...  Maybe it's something you do.  If you dance, how can you add that to I am...?  Or maybe it's how you are.  If you a good friend to everybody, or you always tell the truth, how can you finish the I am...statement?


Now we get to add color.  Watch this short video to check out how we will be adding color to our piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment