Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

New Adventure

I have embarked on a new adventure. I have joined the Beverley Taylor Sorenson Art Learning Program. I now have two schools in which I teach visual arts. I am excited to get to know the faculties and students at each school and I am ready for a fun and creative year. 

I have been hard at work getting the new art studio ready at Roosevelt Elementary. Here are a few pictures. This is what students will see as they enter the room. 
These are the cabinets at the back of the room. With the elements and principles hanging out. The color wheel lives here as well. 

This room had backpack cubbies that I have used for storage and covered up with some fabric and duct tape to hide the clutter. Aren't they pretty?
This is my objectives board. All drawn in wet erase or vis-a-vis marker. Then I can use dry erase to write in the objectives for each lesson.  I think it looks pretty sweet.
Right next to the objective board are these posters and soon to be a table holding the artist statement forms.
This is my mystery artist wall. I have yet to add the bio. But you might be able to guess who it is. This will change monthly, hopefully.
This is our rules and game board. Up in the right corner is a game piece for each class. When a whole class works together to follow the rules of an artist, they get to roll the dice. If they get to the finish line, something good will happen.
Here's the rules a little closer up.
I have fun posters around the room to help budding artist get some ideas to help them be successful artists.
Pictures from Wilson coming soon!  I am Art on a Cart there and its not quite ready... yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment